My Health Status Screening Package for Women
- Who is this for?
This package is for females and assesses your cardiovascular and cancer risks. For the last ten years, cancer and heart disease remain the two top killers in Brunei Darussalam. There is a worrying trend of younger patients being diagnosed with cancer, diabetes and heart disease than in previous years.
- Key features:
- Consultation with a doctor.
- Body composition analysis (height, weight, Body Mass Index)
- Assessment of arteries and cardiovascular risks (Blood pressure, Pulse Rate)
- Assessment of the heart with Resting as well as Treadmill Stress Electrocardiograpy (ECG) – this tells us how your heart responds when you do more exercise
- Chest X-ray
- Blood tests:
- General overview of health, including an assessment of the immune system and blood-related cancers (Complete blood count with differential)
- Assessment of cardiovascular and diabetes risks (Cholesterol panel, glucose, glycated haemaglobin)
- Assessment of kidney functioning and damage (Creatinine, urine analysis)
- Assessment of liver damage (Liver function test)
- Assessment of fluid levels in the body as well as heart, kidney, liver and muscle damage (Potassium, Sodium)
- Assessment of Hepatitis A status – acute infection can increase risk for liver damage, therefore prevention through vaccination is important
- Assessment of Hepatitis B status – chronic infection can increase risk for liver cancer, therefore prevention through vaccination is important
- Assessment of thyroid function (Full thyroid profile)
- Blood group and Rhesus antibody check – good to know in case of emergencies
- Markers for bowel tract cancers: – Alpha fetoprotein (AFP) screen for liver cancer; CA 19-9 screen for pancreas and upper gastrointestinal tract cancer; Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) screen for colon cancer
- Markers for breast cancer (CA 15-3)
- Marker for ovarian cancer (CA 125)
- Screening for cervical cancer (Liquid-based cytology Pap Smear)
- Infection screen